Friday, July 6, 2012

Home

Lots of ups and downs over the past couple days.  Meg was discharged this morning, which obviously is great.  Matt started his trip back to the Khost province in Afghanistan, not so great.  Meg was able to go to the airport to see him off.  I think that was a little bittersweet for both of them, but I think it was a little goal Meg had set for herself that she wanted to get through.  I expect the nurses would have liked her to hang out another day or so, but they also felt it was important for her to be there. 

She is much more mobile, but every move is a careful one.  She walked up some steps on the way home, moving around the house pretty well, but resting a lot.  I think I am correct in saying that today was the first time she has been outside since last Thursday before surgery.  I watched her eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup (food still isn't too appetizing for her).  I am afraid that if she has to drink any more Gatorade she might just throw in the towel, she is pretty sick of it.  She will be spending the better part of early recovery at my Mom's house in Brockport, so I expect she'll be up and cleaning in about a week (joke, I think). 

We are hoping to get her out for Emma's birthday party on Sunday at Jamie's.  It will be a challenge for her, but something I hope she can handle.

Continued prayers are needed.  Make sure you add Matt in there since he will spend a couple days enroute to his final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment