Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hey all.. :) First of all, I wanted to start off by saying thank you so much for all of your continued prayers, concern, and support. Although I have not been able to personally thank all of you yet, I do want you to know it means the world to me. Also, I would just like to give you all a heads up, this is my first blogging experience, and I am by no means as witty as my brother, so bear with me if it gets a little boring!

As you all have seen the past few weeks have been nothing short of a rollercoaster. There are good days, and bad days, but through it all I keep clinging to the fact, If God brings you to it, he will see you through it, And thankfully, in addition to all the cards, emails, messages, etc. I also have a very strong personal support system that seems to check on me on a daily basis. I must admit, I have the best family, and in-laws a girl could ask for! On that note as well, if you call, and I do not get back to you, please do not feel that I am ignoring you or being grateful for your concern. It is just at this point, phone calls are a bit tiring for me still, but by all means messages on here, facebook, or text are welcome. I am usually pretty good about getting back to those!

Okay..now on to the stuff everyone's wondering about. Surgery wise, I am recovering quite well from what all the doctors can tell. We had a slight scare Monday night because my dehydration levels dropped lower than they liked, but luckily the doctors were nice enough to only admit me for one night and jack me full of fluids and then sent me home yesterday. Turns out I still need to drink Gatorade like it's my job for awhile (yuckk) Today we all made the trip to the first Oncologist appointment. At this point the way I am going to put this is, we got the best news you could get when going for bad news. The doctor seems to think we only need to progress with chemotherapy at this point, no radiation necessary, which is AMAZING news to me, so please keep the prayers on that end that it remains that way. We are still looking about 3-4 weeks before starting treatment so I can recover better and put some more weight on. So everyone that was there today says this is fantastic news- like I said, at this point I see it as the best bad news you can get, but I am sure in time I will get there as well.

Monday we are off to yet another oncologists appointment in Baltimore, one thing I am understanding with all of this is there's no harm  in getting more opinions and outlooks. So I am sure by that point, one of us will be on to update with any new info.

One last positive note....I went out to a restaurant for the first time since surgery today! Not sure if it was the good company, or the good smelling food, but it was great to actually get out and eat for a change.

God Bless you all, and thank you for keeping me and my family in your prayers at this time.


Meghan

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to go out to eat! Restaurants always help to make ya hungry. Glad to hear no radiation. I know that had to be good news. I will be up to see ya soon. Lov ya Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have kept the blog going. Keep resting and eating to build up your strength. I pray multiple times per day for you. Keep up the good work, and drink your Gaterade. You will soon be moving on to a milkshake. Or at least a frozen ensure. Stay strong little girl. Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete