Friday, September 7, 2012

Sooooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy

Ok I am so sorry I haven't ordered my T-shirt yet!!  I believe it originally was my idea and was what I had requested to be my birthday present from my other children so this will probably be considered a major oversight by all of them. So as soon as I can, I will go to Trisha's email and order them for Jim and I.
I was glad to see that Kalen had included some of how the idea got started with me when he posted about the T-shirts, but there is a bit more to the idea than just that.
Early in the beginning of this situation, I realized how much it was a team effort to get to where we are now (and right now it seems to be going better than expected) but because I attempt to make lemonade out of life's lessons (just ask meg) and I am always expecting my children to see the silver lining in things, I was looking for a way to bring some good out of a bad thing. So I thought that getting T-shirts for Meg and Matt to wear for their appts and also to keep a sharpie handy to get" autographs" from all the great doctors and other staff we have met and I am sure they will still continue to meet along the way. That way at least someday when Meg looks back on this period of her life she will also have some good thoughts to temper the bad and her heart will be warmed by the thoughts of how much moral support, prayers, assistance etc she has been blessed to receive.
Plus early in this situation one day Meg and I needed something to laugh about instead of cry we took time to watch the "Ellen" show and we said we were going to schedule everything from then on either before or after her show and the doctors and other nasty stuff like picc lines, nurses visits etc would just have to wait and understand!(I am ashamed to  admit we have done very poorly with that goal though!!) As I watched "Ellen's" show I began to wish I could somehow tell about Meg and Matt and the  story so that others could see as bad as life can be sometimes ....it makes such a difference when you are lucky enough to have the amount of support through family and friends that Meghan and Matt have had.
I do still hope to someday write in to "Ellen" and "Oprah" but I want to be able to "show" and not just "tell" the story so hence the T-shirt idea, I hope to get as many as I can together to do a "photo op" with Meg and Matt and everyone else in their shirts.
Then the idea grew to also include the possibility of using them for fundraising if the need should arise to help Meg out in that way.
So to make this long story even longerrrrrrrrrrrrrr..I will be ordering my own shirt asap and then down the road, call on everyone to don their shirts for a pic.If I can't get everyone together at one time, I may just do a college of  some type with a bunch of pictures.
Oh and by the way you 2 boys are way too old to be keeping score on who the nicest and most thoughtful one is...I think I have you both beat with road trips this year! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment