Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy No-Chemo Monday! Yay! :)

So I am stealing this title from my brother. Thank God I was blessed with three amazing brothers. I always thought I wanted a sister (in fact if you ask any of my family members, they'll confirm I whined about it for many years). However, the older I get, the more and more I realize how fortunate I am to have the brothers I do.

This weekend was one of "those" weekends. I'll be completely honest, it was all just a bit too much this weekend, everything seemed too overwhelming and too much to handle, and was just one of those weekends that finding the "ups" and "positives" in this battle were challenging to say the least. As Kalen mentioned in his previous post, my third chemo treatment is here and gone, with unfortuntately a bit more side effects this time around, but we are still trucking along. But after struggling over the weekend, my support system came to my aid again and I woke up to an e-mail from my brother simply titled "Happy No-Chemo Monday" and it made me realize, you know what, he's right. If for nothing else, I need to be happy that today is a No-Chemo Monday! Today instead of sitting in the infusion center, Matt and I get to spend the day getting a little bit more settled into our house and our lives here. If nothing else, I need to count my blessings that I am here on this No-Chemo Monday, and I have to suck it up, "catch the ball life is throwing" and keep going. (Although I have to add, the ridiculously cute pictures of my nephew, Captain Chaos, that accompanied the e-mail also helped to boost this attitude..haha) So here is hoping that the rest of the side effects from treatment wear off quickly so I can get out and about some more because the weather is absolutely gorgeous right now here in Annapolis!

On a very positive note, Matt and I had another house guest this weekend! :)  His step-mom Ann made the trip out to visit us, and it was awesome, and long overdue to say the least. We did manage to show her around Annapolis a bit, although I think she enjoyed being away from "work" and "mom-role" more than anything. We did our best not to make her work TOO much- so hopefully she will be coming back soon. Thanks to my very patient husband and mother-in-law, we had a fun, relaxing weekend. Matt was even in a good mood because he had a chance to see Notre Dame AND the Red's win!!

At the polite "nudging" from the previous blog entry, I am posting an updated pic of Matt and I. Now, keep in mind we were at the airport awaiting our guest, so it's not our best of pictures, but you can at least see that we are doing well, and not driving each other completely insane, yet. lol.

Finally, I think I heard through the grapevine that the Team Meghan T-shirt order was submitted last week. I have to say again how blown away I am by the response you all put into this. I know I have said many times how much of a difference just getting cards, notes, emails, etc. help me get through day to day; seeing you all supporting me by wearing these t-shirts will be a whole different ball game! Thank you. Hopefully once everybody gets there shirts, we can get some pics snapped and posted to FB so we can see everyone sporting their shirts!

 I know a few people have asked about being able to make donations vs. buying a T-shirt; from what I have heard there will be a donation can set up at South Street Botanicals, as well as up at the Summit. I will be sure to update you all if I hear anything else on that front.  Keep the prayers, thoughts, good vibes, jokes, etc. coming. It means the world to us!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day..  Remember, we never know what tomorrow brings, so catch whatever ball it is that life throws to you today and run with it.


2 comments:

  1. Megan! We're praying for you! Keep your chin up! I know you're stronger than this!

    ReplyDelete